OS version 18.104.22.168 was leaked a couple of days ago. This leaked version is very likely the last one we will see until RIM officially decides to release the OS.
There is currently no official change log for this version, but I have done my best to record every change and update from version 22.214.171.124. (The last official update)
OS Version 126.96.36.199 Change Log
1. Flick Scrolling has been implemented into almost every aspect of the storm, including applications and the browser, giving it a very nice scrolling experience.
– Flick scrolling is the way the iPhone scrolls
2. The blackberry browser now supports tabbed browsing, allowing more than one web page to be loaded at a time.
3. SMS messages are now threaded, showing your SMS all in one place.
– There are two settings you can choose from for how SMS are displayed. One is a striped display that links all of the messages together in one long thread, the other is a bubble display that links messages together in different colored bubble boxes. The white messages are messages you have sent, while the blue show your contact’s reply’s.
4.When you are connected to the network, a 3G symbol is shown at the top of the screen.
5. You can create an icon using a contact picture that automatically prepares to send a message to that contact. When you launch the icon, the “compose a message” screen will already have that contact’s address filled out at the top.
– Useful for people you are frequently sending messages to.
6. When you adjust the sound, a bar is shown horizontally across the screen, indicating what the current volume is.
7. The spellcheck is now shown horizontally above the word you misspelled, allowing you to pick the correct word more easily.
8.You can now set the volume for a custom profile under the “Sound Profiles” menu.
9. If you click on the displayed time at the top of the screen, the “Clock” application is launched.
10. If you click on the signal bar at the top right-hand corner of the screen, the “network settings” option is launched.
11. Clock application has been updated.
12. The Calender application has also been updated.
13. Very nice scrolling when setting an alarm or event.
– This can be found in both the calender and the clock applications.
14. Fixed problem when changing a theme.
-Some other theme problems were also fixed.
15. When rebooting the device, it seems to reset faster. Also, a nicer loading bar is shown at the bottom of the screen.
16. You can now view all of the files and folders located on the handheld and the memory card.
-Similar to Filescout, but with less features.
17. When playing music or video, all you have to do to jump to different parts of a song or video, is drag the cursor along to the position you want to listen to.
– In previous versions, you had to click once to move the cursor, and then click again to drop it into place.
18. When a messages appears and needs you to choose an option, the boxes are a silver/grayish color as apposed to the black.
19. Browser pages load faster.
20. Everything seems to run faster, especially the video.
1. The camera and video camera applications do not work and when launched, show a blank white screen and then reset the device.
2. MANY applications do not support the OS 5.0 and as a result, cause an automatic reboot.
– Some examples are Facebook and the Blackberry Messenger.
Other than that, this version runs very smoothly and has a lot of potential.
If you are continually snapping pictures of friends, or need more reliability on you device, I wouldn’t recommend updating. But if you would like to try it out, please use caution.
*Warning* This release, as with all leaked releases, is definitely not guaranteed to work properly and can really mess up your system if you don’t know what you’re doing. I cannot be held responsible in any way for any problems that might come from downloading this software, and I highly recommend making several backups of your current software via the desktop manager before attempting any OS changes.
-For information on how to create a backup file, see our step-by-step tutorial Here.
Or from Rapidshare Here.